The ABSG is an independent, expert advisory board which:
- helps deliver the National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms
- helps increase research capacity and capability through engaging with a wide range of experts
- helps share findings about best practice so they have an impact
- helps solve policy dilemmas where research evidence is lacking or ambiguous.
How we do this
We work by:
- providing independent advice to the Gambling Commission on the implementation of the National Strategy to Reduce Gambling Harms
- monitoring progress of the Strategy
- recommending priorities for research
- strengthening prevention and treatment through robust research, evaluation and practice
- working collaboratively with others who have expertise, bringing them together to discuss issues of mutual concern.